Radiant Solutions (formerly MDA Information Systems, LLC) is looking for a Software Engineer in our Ann Arbor MI area location! The position requires the candidate to maintain and add new features to a collection of java web services and backend applications deployed in an AWS environment which enables users with the ability to search, visualize and execute algorithms on satellite imagery. The candidate must be comfortable designing software in a flexible and modular fashion.
- Design, develop, test and maintain RESTful web services
- Design, develop, test and maintain reusable java components
- Work with other Software Engineers to expand on existing architecture
- Troubleshoot issues in development and production environments
- Deploy new releases and patches of web services to the production environment
- Identify potential customer requirements or product improvements
- Excellent software design capabilities
- Detail oriented
- Excellent debugging abilities
- Well Experienced with RESTful web services, Tomcat, PostgreSQL
- Fluent with Java
- Experience with design patterns, Spring and Hibernate (or similar ORM)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or some other related technical field
- More than 5 years experience developing software
Ideal Candidate would also have:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Join our company! Our purpose is to help national security and commercial organizations understand and navigate our changing planet. Radiant Solutions provides multi-source data collection, enrichment, and analytic capabilities that reveal unique geospatial information and insights where and when it matters most.
We are a new organization but no company has such strong roots in geospatial with our level of scale and a strong commercial mindset. Our heritage companies, MDA Information Systems, RadiantBlue, DigitalGlobe Intelligence Solutions, and HumanGeo are well known for delivering innovative capabilities across the entire geospatial intelligence value chain. Our combined team of over 1,000 aerospace engineers, geospatial analysts, weather and ocean experts, software developers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers apply disruptive technology and our unique intellectual property to both national security and commercial problems.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account, and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions values diversity in the work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.