Radiant Solutions is looking for a passionate software engineer who wants to help take our geospatial solutions to the next level. The developer will be joining a team that is enhancing, improving, and re-purposing an existing collaborative mapping system focusing on Web Services and Java development. The developer should have a solid understanding of tiered applications architecture and best practices for code development. Projects will primarily be based on open source software packages such as GDAL/OGR, OpenStreetMap, and D3.js. The developer should also have experience and an understanding of Java, REST, and Node.js. The candidate is joining a rapidly-growing, dynamic team of highly-motivated engineers who are constantly developing new features in response to a dynamic/evolving set of customer requirements, while at the same time ensuring the deployment system continues to meet all of the customer’s operational needs. It is also desired that the candidate has experience advocating for automated deployment tools, automated testing suites, be eager to work in a high-energy environment, be able to nimbly adjust focus when needed due to dynamic customer priorities that reflect real-world pressures, and be able to communicate well with a geographically-distributed team.
● Develop new features and patches for bugs in Java Mapping application Research, evaluate, design, develop, implement, test, and improve existing software in collaboration with a team of software developers, software testers, system engineers, and DevOps engineers.
● Design services (Java, Node.js) with UI/UX developers that optimize UI experience and performance.
● Ensure sound software development process and documentation that is heavily test and user driven.
● Foster and support the on-going growth and practices of agile development within the organization.
● Ensures that unique issues, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable intangible factors, are solved holistically. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
10+ years Required experience:
● Relational Databases (PostgreSQL)
● Version Control (Git)
Desired experience or understanding:
● Web Services (REST)
● UI/UX Development (jQuery, Underscore.js, d3)
● Apache / Tomcat
● Experience and knowledge with GIS methodologies and applications
● Working knowledge of the OpenStreetMap technology stack
● Agile software development lifecycle experience
● Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
● Self-starter with the ability to multitask
● Ability to work in a team environment
● BS in a technical discipline (Computer Science preferred)
● Experience on teams with very tight integration between development and operations throughout entire software lifecycle: requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment phases
● Experience with software testing, including designing and implementing unit-, component-, and system-level tests
Join our company whose purpose is to help national security and commercial organizations understand and navigate our changing planet. Radiant Solutions provides multi-source data collection, enrichment, and analytic capabilities that reveal unique geospatial information and insights where and when it matters most.
We are a new organization but no company has such strong roots in geospatial with our level of scale and a strong commercial mindset. Our heritage companies, MDA Information Systems, RadiantBlue, DigitalGlobe Intelligence Solutions, and HumanGeo are well known for delivering innovative capabilities across the entire geospatial intelligence value chain. Our combined team of over 1,000 aerospace engineers, geospatial analysts, weather and ocean experts, software developers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers apply disruptive technology and our unique intellectual property to both national security and commercial problems.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account, and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions values diversity in the work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.