Radiant Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a Data Scientist in Charlottesville, VA. We are looking for motivated data evangelists who are passionate about delivering new and innovative solutions for our customers. The ideal candidate needs limited direction, is passionate about technology and is curious about earth sensing and the new space economy. We are seeking an expert who will work hand-in-hand with a multi-disciplinary, rapid software development team to bring creative and fun concepts to life.
Rapid prototype solutions focused on the development and implementation of algorithms intended for collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of disparate data to extract meaningful insights. Work with NoSQL database technologies, emerging data science techniques, and contribute to important endeavors addressing critical customer needs.
● 10 yrs of Data Science Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree Preferred)
● TS/SCI Security Clearance required, with ability to obtain Poly
Must be proficient or have significant experience in the following areas:
● Experience with analytical tools (R, Python, SAS, MATLAB, H20, TensorFlow)
● NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
● Experience with some of the following technologies: NoSQL databases, distributed data stores (HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.), search engines (ElasticSearch, Solr)
● Experience with data flow automation techniques
Essential Job Functions
● Discover and communicate meaningful patterns from large disparate data sets
● Utilize elements of mathematics, statistics, data analytics, and database systems to develop and guide analytic methodologies
● Provide controls for technical rigor and quality of output
● Implement predictive analytic and statistical problem-solving
● Drive improvements in methodology, including agent-based, regression and time-series approaches
● Provide subject matter guidance and expertise to managers and technical staff
● Manage personal project priorities and deliverables
● Excellent oral and written communications skills
Join our company whose purpose is to help national security and commercial organizations understand and navigate our changing planet. Radiant Solutions provides multi-source data collection, enrichment, and analytic capabilities that reveal unique geospatial information and insights where and when it matters most.
We are a new organization but no company has such strong roots in geospatial with our level of scale and a strong commercial mindset. Our heritage companies, MDA Information Systems, RadiantBlue, DigitalGlobe Intelligence Solutions, and HumanGeo are well known for delivering innovative capabilities across the entire geospatial intelligence value chain. Our combined team of over 1,000 aerospace engineers, geospatial analysts, weather and ocean experts, software developers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers apply disruptive technology and our unique intellectual property to both national security and commercial problems.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account, and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions values diversity in the work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.