The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring that Radiant Solutions’ Marine Services customers are delivered service per our contractual commitments. The Sales Support Specialist ensures that such services are delivered within the agreed-upon performance standards, and that Radiant Solutions delivers against all program commitments and Statements of Work (SOW).
The Sales Support Specialist supports all lines of business within Marine Services. The successful candidate will act as the primary point of contact for customers in assigned territory and coordinate the engagement of other resources, as necessary. This position is based in Herndon, Virginia.
In addition to the responsibilities described above, the Sales Support Specialist will work directly with the Accounts Payable, Contracts, and Legal departments.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Establish and maintain strong customer relationships at an operational level, with a focus on proactively identifying and resolving specific areas of concerns that are related to contract executions, billing, and payment. Ensure that any concerns are addressed by the appropriate teams in a timely manner – customer satisfaction is key.
· Maintain an in-depth understanding of customers’ business processes involving Marine Services products and services.
· Serve as primary customer contact once sales opportunities convert into contracts and deliverables are due. Ensure that Marine Services is delivering upon the scope of all contractual commitments and SOW(s), on-time, and within budget and scope.
· Assist Senior Manager of Production and Operations to maintain accountability for ensuring that all operational issues are quickly resolved, leveraging the necessary internal resources in order to do so.
· Via day-to-day communication with clients, help identify areas of upsell or new revenue streams and ensure sales is informed of any and all opportunities that involve an amendment or expansion of an existing contractual commitment or SOW, or securing new SOWs or contracts.
· Ensure that Marine Services Sales is appropriately aware of any operational concerns related to their respective accounts, while ensuring that such issues are handled with minimal involvement by the sales team.
· Coordinate efforts of internal teams, in resolving customer conflicts or complaints. Assist internal teams with prioritizing efforts, as necessary. In regards to a stated SOW(s), lead and facilitate communication between the customer, Sales, and internal teams.
· Be knowledgeable about all contracts and project-related deliverables associated with Marine Services accounts. Provide guidance to internal teams on meeting these commitments. Assist with developing contract extensions and modifications.
Skills & Experience
· Demonstrated passion for satisfying customers through strong customer focus, results orientation, and effective communications.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships and to build positive business relationships, both internally and externally. Must demonstrate ability to interact effectively with both team members as well as customers.
· Possesses strong organizational skills, including the ability to drive deliverables to closure and effectively collaborate with the team in order to ensure that projects are delivered in a high quality manner.
· Possesses strong business acumen and analytical capabilities, including the ability to analyze data and recommend fact-based solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to identify creative solutions and resolve problems of a diverse scope.
· Demonstrated ability to use good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for resolving problems and addressing significant relationship-oriented matters.
· Work with Marine Services team to determine methods and procedures in support of new customer opportunities or solutions.
· Must be a self-starter and effectively operate with little instruction on day-to-day work, and only general instructions on new assignments.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, 2-3 years professional background, preferably in customer-facing roles within premier, global organizations.
· Previous Sales Support experience desired, service management / operationally-oriented role(s) preferred.
· Experience with Salesforce is strongly desired.
· Multilingual skills desired. Japanese, Korean, Chinese would be a plus.
· This position is Herndon-based, but the candidate must have the ability to travel – sometimes internationally (25%).
Join our company whose purpose is to help national security and commercial organizations understand and navigate our changing planet. Radiant Solutions provides multi-source data collection, enrichment, and analytic capabilities that reveal unique geospatial information and insights where and when it matters most.
We are a new organization but no company has such strong roots in geospatial with our level of scale and a strong commercial mindset. Our heritage companies, MDA Information Systems, RadiantBlue, DigitalGlobe Intelligence Solutions, and HumanGeo are well known for delivering innovative capabilities across the entire geospatial intelligence value chain. Our combined team of over 1,000 aerospace engineers, geospatial analysts, weather and ocean experts, software developers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers apply disruptive technology and our unique intellectual property to both national security and commercial problems.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions values diversity in the work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.