Do you want to play a critical role in solving some of the most challenging problems facing our nation’s intelligence community? Are you a forward-thinking engineer who enjoys applying leading-edge technologies to solve problems in interesting domains? At Radiant Solutions, we are seeking a junior Software Engineer (recent grads welcome!) who will do just that. As a member of a project team, you will participate in the requirements analysis and design for software applications or sub-components. Tasks also include creating appropriate process artifacts including: requirements documentation, design documentation, and test plans. You will also test applications as identified in the development methodology, and create necessary documentation.
Note: US citizenship and ability to obtain a security clearance are mandatory for this position and required for consideration.
• Design, modify, develop, write and implement software components, to client specifications in a timely manner
• Participate in the software testing and validation processes through test witnessing and certification of software
• Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
• Take direction from senior technical leadership and or Project Manager on project specifications
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Applicant must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a security clearance
• C++, or a combination of C++ and Java programming experience
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline and 2 - 5 years of experience, an advanced degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or demonstrates knowledge or requirements for the position
• Ability to take direction from senior team members
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Effective oral and written communication skills to include active listening
• Good understanding of coding methods and best practices
• Knowledge of OO development theory and associated methodologies
• Excellent Math and Physics skills
• Secret security clearance
• Some travel may be required
Join our company whose purpose is to help national security and commercial organizations understand and navigate our changing planet. Radiant Solutions provides multi-source data collection, enrichment, and analytic capabilities that reveal unique geospatial information and insights where and when it matters most.
We are a new organization but no company has such strong roots in geospatial with our level of scale and a strong commercial mindset. Our heritage companies, MDA Information Systems, RadiantBlue, DigitalGlobe Intelligence Solutions, and HumanGeo are well known for delivering innovative capabilities across the entire geospatial intelligence value chain. Our combined team of over 1,000 aerospace engineers, geospatial analysts, weather and ocean experts, software developers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers apply disruptive technology and our unique intellectual property to both national security and commercial problems.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account, and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions values diversity in the work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.