Radiant Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a Machine LearningSoftware Engineer in Charlottesville, VA. We are looking for motivated engineers who are passionate about applying their experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision to develop innovative solutions for our customers. The ideal candidate needs limited direction, is passionate about technology, and is curious about earth sensing and the new space economy. A willingness and desire to pick up new technologies or languages quickly is a must. We are seeking an expert who will work hand-in-hand with a multi-disciplinary, rapid software development team to bring creative and fun concepts to life.
Develop rapid prototypes and design/implement complex cutting-edge systems with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of data to extract meaningful insights. Work with NoSQL database technologies, emerging data science techniques, and contribute to important endeavors addressing critical customer needs.
Relocation assistance available.
A little about the area. Charlottesville is located in the foothills of the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains. Charlottesville and the surrounding area are a healthy balance of both urban and rural localities amendable to many different lifestyles. Charlottesville's rich artistic, natural, and cultural history is showcased in an assortment of first-rate museums, galleries, wineries, breweries, shops, restaurants, and parks making Charlottesville a spectacular location for work, play, outdoor activities, raising a family, and simply enjoying a high quality of life. Charlottesville is also home to the University of Virginia, a top national university that has community offerings to include athletic, artistic, cultural, and educational events in addition to a renowned medical center.
● 10 yrs of software development experience
● Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree Preferred)
● TS/SCI Security Clearance required, with ability to obtain Poly
Must be proficient or have significant experience in the following areas:
● Experience with some of the following technologies: NoSQL databases, distributed data stores (HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.), search engines (ElasticSearch, Solr)
● Experience with Machine Learning, Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, AML)
● Experience with parallel programming APIs (OpenCL and CUDA)
● Experience with object detection, object recognition and object tracking
● Familiarity with computer vision libraries and classifiers (OpenCV, Google Vision, Amazon Rekognition)
● Managing personal project priorities and deliverables
● Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku)
● Excellent oral and written communications skills
Join our company whose purpose is to help national security and commercial organizations understand and navigate our changing planet. Radiant Solutions provides multi-source data collection, enrichment, and analytic capabilities that reveal unique geospatial information and insights where and when it matters most.
We are a new organization but no company has such strong roots in geospatial with our level of scale and a strong commercial mindset. Our heritage companies, MDA Information Systems, RadiantBlue, DigitalGlobe Intelligence Solutions, and HumanGeo are well known for delivering innovative capabilities across the entire geospatial intelligence value chain. Our combined team of over 1,000 aerospace engineers, geospatial analysts, weather and ocean experts, software developers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers apply disruptive technology and our unique intellectual property to both national security and commercial problems.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account, and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions values diversity in the work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.